Is your child diligent with his/her schoolwork? Is he/she intellectually curious?
Does he/she have an ambitious attitude?
If so, the Honors Team at Fees College Preparatory Middle School may be the perfect opportunity for them to fulfill their potential in their middle school years.
The Fees College Prep Honors Team is an exclusive group of the most ABLE and AMBITIOUS Fees College Prep students who love to learn, love to ask questions, and love to be challenged. Students must submit an application to be a part of this team.
Students who are new to FCPMS have 2 weeks to turn in their application. Applications are available annually in the spring.
Students who are chosen will benefit from the following opportunities:
- Honors and Advanced curriculum with a fine arts emphasis
- Studying together in many of the same high-level courses
- Enriching field trips to provide hands-on experiences throughout the Valley
- Engaging monthly parent/student workshops on pertinent topics such as: technology, geography/civics, engineering and other sciences, the arts, mathematics, college preparation, and giftedness
- Options to take high school coursework and attain high school credit
The following are examples of what we expect all Honors Team students to have while they are in our program:
- Good citizenship both in and outside of school
- Excellent attendance
- Maintain a 3.25 GPA
- Attendance and participation at our monthly workshops
- Enrollment in one fine arts elective every quarter
Parents are an integral part to the success of our Honors Team students. As such, we ask our parents to commit to the following:
- Maintaining good communication with your child’s teachers regarding progress and behavior
- Bringing your child to and participating in the monthly workshops
- Committing to serve a minimum of 10 hours per school year to an activity or committee of your choice in support of the Honors Team
The Fees College Prep Honors Team is the perfect opportunity for parents of gifted and ambitious children looking to join a community of engaged parents like themselves.
If this sounds like you and your child, we invite you to find out more. Call Fees College Preparatory Middle School at (480) 897-6063.